Junk Journal Round 18 - Summer Memories

Please excuse my shadow on the pictures, This is my Junk Journal Round 18 - front page.

This is all the tuck-ins pulled out of the first pocket, front view. I was remembering going camping with my family every weekend all summer long during my childhood and teen years. 

This is the journaling side of those cards tucked in the pocket.  I only had room for just the bare minimum of information about those summers spent camping with my family. It was hard to choose what to write about, but the pictures on the front of the cards prompted my comments. There are so many stories and so little space however they remind me of so many good times. 


Summers at home were fun too. When my mom would allow it we would set up a lemonade stand and sell lemonade to the other kids in the neighborhood as well as other neighbors. Summer was always a great time for lemonade, but if I remember correctly sometimes it was a Kool-Aid stand, lol.  We would take our accumulated money to the dime store where the prices were very reasonable and kid-friendly. I used to buy a very inexpensive cologne that was sold in a heart-shaped bottle and tinted pink. It had a very mild fragrance and was always priced at ninety-nine cents. It was pleasing to use.  It made me feel so grown-up.


Here is a page that is taken from an issue of Daphanie's Diary Magazine, I think it was issue 1 of 2022, that describes her mom's habit of always drinking lemon-flavored water every morning and listing many of the health pluses derived from it. It seemed like the perfect addition to my lemonade memories. 



Here is a recipe that is taken from a different issue of Daphanies Diary Magazine for Lemon and Honey Cheesecake that sounded yummy and seemed relevant to this posting. I hope these memories help you recall fun memories of your own summers. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog